Thursday, August 13, 2009

Three Steps

“I pray. I listen. I act.”

These three steps suggesting how to go through any situation came from yesterday’s Daily Word. However, I didn’t come upon them until I had already applied them to our surreal housing situation.

Rog and I held hands, closed our eyes, took some deep breaths, and then I said an extemporaneous, heartfelt prayer aloud. It encompassed not just the morning’s particular challenge, but expressing our gratitude, and praying for dear friends, many of whom are also facing huge shifts in their lives.

This time greatly calmed me down and I could feel Spirit’s Presence deeply. Then Rog and I proceeded to listen, and Guidance came. One step at a time, we took action the rest of the day, in a calm manner.

How blessed I am to have come to believe in a Power greater than myself that can help in all situations. With peace – with Connection – I can operate in my right mind, at peace, in this crazy world. I am grateful.

No comments: