Friday, August 21, 2009

What God Wants

Karen Casey (In God’s Care, August 20) suggests that maybe what God wants is for us to just be free of the things that come between us and God. Hmmm.

Sure, there are things than come between me and God. And, I wonder how many of them are of my own doing? Furthermore, what is in my power to make a change?

Perhaps the biggest, most important ‘thing’ that comes between me and God, and the one that I have a choice about and power over, is taking care of myself. Not taking the time –and sufficient time– to be in the Silence impedes my spiritual condition and hence detracts from my relationship with God. That then trickles down into my relationship with others.

I can be free of this thing that comes between me and God if I make a greater commitment to us both to spend more time alone with Spirit every day, no matter where I am or what my schedule is.

Consider it done!

No comments: