Monday, August 3, 2009

The Answer: Community

Our adventures yesterday up north answered my prayer to receive messages from God for our next steps.

The talk at the Unity of Sedona service was given by a member rather than the minister. He plunged right in to telling about how he had woken up one day and realized he’d had no friends. His was inspired to find a community, and here he was about a year later, sharing his insights and gratitude for the spiritual community he had found at this Unity church. The support and connection there had helped him grow tremendously in the past year, get through some challenging situations, find meaningful service work, and even meet his future wife! His gratitude was strong for the love and friendship exchanged in community.

The afternoon found Rog and me in the company of healer friends and colleagues. We had a relaxing lunch as we caught up on our lives and related our spiritual “ah-ha’s” and unfolding knowledge. Then we spent two solid hours in what turned out to be sacred, healing circle. It was a powerful experience for each of us as individuals and as a group as a whole. There is no doubt that this group of individuals (with a few missing folks) is a community.

I’ve known that community is very important to me (it’s family for me), so Spirit’s message is clear: Community is a driving force in deciding on what my life is to be about and where we are to live. Various spiritual communities await us in the Verde Valley/Red Rock Country area, and that is where we are to go make a new home. There no longer is doubt. I will leave the “how” up to Spirit as I continue to remain open to Guidance and following It.

I’m excited, enthused, and grateful that yesterday’s prayer was answered. And, I so look forward to my new home region and all that it offers my soul.

No comments: