Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Time For God

“God will probably not be interested in how much we included in our day, but how much of our day included him.” – Allia Zobel-Nolan from her book The Worrywart’s Prayer Book

Touché! I was up at 4:30 AM working on my website when I’d normally be engaged in some form of spiritual practice. I’ve gotten more flexible in my morning schedule and I’m okay with that, but when does it become too flexible?

I did take some time several hours later to sit still, but in all honesty, today I made my website upgrade a god. And, I just don’t feel fully complete - it’s not rocket science to figure out why. And, it’s not surprising that progress on my work did not flow with as much ease and grace (and productiveness) as I would have liked.

So I’m shutting down for the night and am heading off to spend some quality time with Spirit. I don’t think I’m the only one smiling in anticipation...

Tootles.

No comments: