Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Perspective

A line from yesterday’s In God’s Care stated “We need our connection to God to maintain our perspective on life.” How true that rings for me this morning!

Early in my days of 12 Step recovery as “I came to believe” and formulate an entirely new philosophy of life, I realized that everything in this life is just a “spit in the bucket” (of eternity). The little things and the big things work themselves out eventually and hence I can be peaceful regardless of circumstances.

Circumstances are ever-changing and, in this world, usually crazy and illusionary; I often just have to laugh at it all. But Spirit is permanent, never-changing, and what is truly real.

With God “all things are possible,” I am in God’s care at all times, and, in the grand scheme of things, all that matters is God.

As I strengthen my connection to Spirit with each positive thought held and each prayer prayed, I maintain my perspective on this roller coaster of life by keeping my eye staid on Thee.

No comments: