Friday, August 28, 2009

Love for God

I’ve often wondered whether I love God, especially after hearing others passionately proclaim their love for their Higher Power. And, if I don’t love God, where does that place me, in God’s ‘eyes’ and in my own?

Well, last night I was reading from Emmet Fox’s book Power Through Constructive Thinking, getting my heart and mind tuned up to Spirit. I was heartened when I came across these words in Fox’s essay The Secret Place:

“...your love for God is not an emotion. It has really nothing to do with the feelings at all. We demonstrate and prove our love for God by praying, and by refusing to recognize error as having any power over us; by declining, out of loyalty to God, to accept anything less than the perfect harmony which is His Will.”

I don’t always refuse to recognize error as having any power over me and certainly there are times when I accept less than perfect harmony in my life. But I sure do pray. I pray a lot throughout the day, as much as I can in between the spaces of activity and oftimes during the busyness.

My intention is to connect with Spirit every millisecond that I can and to evolve spiritually. In this, I show my love for God.

No comments: