Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Golden Keying

I am so grateful to have reread Emmet Fox’s The Golden Key yesterday morning at breakfast before I ventured out into the world. I was going to be in the company of a person with whom I’d had a challenging time with last week and was looking to get reminded of and fortified with the awareness of God’s Presence. I did.

Fox’s idea is very simple: Stop thinking about the difficulty, whatever it is, and think about God instead. The difficulty can be something within as well as a situation or person in the outer. You “Golden Key” whatever it is troubling you - person, place, situation - by constantly repeating some statement of absolute Truth that appeals to you.

So as I went about my morning whenever feelings of fear, inadequacy, judgment, etc. crept in vis-à-vis this person and what had occurred last week, I moved my focus back onto God. I got myself out of the way and stayed in the Light. The result was that I once again felt aligned with Spirit and Oneness and that brought me peace.

When I finally had a direct conversation with the person, I felt the issues of our last encounter melt away and all was well again. Thank You, God!

I’m always striving to keep Spirit as my focus, but obviously I do stray. I use the Golden Key to get back on track realizing the One Power, One Presence, One Activity in my life is God, the Good, Omnipotent. So it is and all is well.

No comments: