Friday, March 19, 2010

Joy From Spirit

One of this morning’s readings was about laughter and it got me thinking...

Last night was weekly rehearsal time for the Mystic Choir. I experience such joy there. I feel joy not only in singing, but in our opening and closing prayer time, chatting with others before and after the rehearsal, the ‘hello’ hugs and the ‘good night’ ones, and in connecting to Spirit throughout this special time in a special sanctuary.

Laughter is another time of joy for me. I don’t get it on a prescribed, regular interval of the week, but when it comes my way, I grasp it. For laughter, like singing for me, is also a time to connect with others and God. It is a time of being so in the Now that I forget myself and just let me be.

There are times when laughter brings me to tears, tears of joy. And too, when the lyrics and/or the music of a song bring me to tears, my heart has been touched; I feel closer to God and joy.

Dear Spirit -
Thank You for the myriad of ways You open my heart to connect with myself, with others, and with You. Thank You for the joy You grace me with. Help me to be awake to the moments that lighten and open my heart and may the radiance and joy of Your love shine in me.

No comments: