Sunday, March 21, 2010

Looking for Love

Today my attention was brought to the metaphysical meaning of the word adulteress: looking for love in all the wrong places. Boy, does that resonant with me! And, I’d say that everyone I know at some time in their life has looked for love in the wrong places. Many, many people continue to do so.

It can take the form of alcoholism, co-dependency, obsession with money, expecting relationships to complete oneself... the list goes on and on and on.

Not knowing I was seeking God, where I looked for love included: food, work, reading, and romance.

I’d say we’ve all been adulterers or adulteresses more than once in this lifetime. But with great mercy and compassion we are urged to move forward and err no more. For after all, if I’m seeking Truth, what other guidance is there?

Today I am so much more conscious of my thoughts and behaviors - and my heart center. I endeavor to follow the words of Emmet Fox and many others: “We must not allow any consideration whatever, any institution, or organization, or any book, or any man or woman, to come between us and our direct seeking for God.” - The Sermon on the Mount by Emmet Fox, Page 136.

So in my ever expanding awakening, I find myself no longer looking for love in all the wrong places. I just look at me inside and there I find God.

No comments: