Sunday, March 28, 2010

Prayer As Action

“We... seek God’s presence anywhere we are and in anyone we’re with. This is prayer as action...” - In God’s Care, March 28

Today is to be one of those days where I expect it to be quite easy to feel God’s presence where I am and in whom I am with. It’s to be a full day for me at Unity of Sedona: singing in the Mystic Choir, attending two services, joining in fellowship, participating in the annual meeting, and being of service. A time full with the love and joy of my (somewhat) new family.

The latter part of the afternoon Rog and I are going on a picnic. Yes, a real live picnic here in Sedona, here in the delightful springtime! We are the connecting piece of friends from Tucson/Clarkdale who used to work with our new Unity friends. A small world! So the six of us are getting together to get to know one another better, to celebrate, to connect.

As I said, I expect it to be an easy day to feel and fill up on the love, joy, and peace of Spirit. There are some days when feeling God’s presence is not that easy and poses quite a bit of a challenge.

Those are the days when more than ever I need to be not my ‘little me’ but the ‘big me’ that is my true essence. Those are the days that prayer is more important than ever. Those are the days when I need to really be conscious to seek God’s presence right where I am and with whom I am with.

That is prayer as action. And, that is knowing that wherever I am, I am with Spirit, standing together on holy ground.

No comments: