Monday, March 1, 2010

Faith

Today’s Daily Word - Monday, March 1, 2010
Faith
I walk by faith, not by sight.


Today I stand firmly in my faith. I meet life courageously and confidently, seeing beyond appearances to the underlying good. Through faith I overcome every limitation. I know that God's power in me is greater than any situation I may have to meet or overcome; God is greater than any condition or circumstance.

Through faith I am fearless and free. Faith dispels fear, for faith knows the nothingness of fear. Faith reminds me that God is the only presence and power in my life.

Through faith I am steady and strong. I am assured that with God there is always a way, with God there are always right answers.

Through faith I walk in the light. I am shown the way of my highest good. I am healed. I am blessed.

We walk by faith, not by sight. - 2 Corinthians 5:7

Of course after this past weekend of spiritual nourishment and enlightenment, it’s synchronistic that Today’s Daily Word and Daily Guideposts Devotional both had faith as their topic. And, my other usual morning reading from In God’s Care was about the three words “Came to believe” referring to coming to believe in a power greater than ourselves that could restore us to sanity.

For it was in coming to believe and developing faith that I now find my joy in life. Being in community with other spiritual beings having a human experience, I easily have faith in God’s existence – and more.

I have faith in God’s love, compassion, mercy, and wondrous power. I have faith that this power greater than myself that I came to believe in is always with me. “And when we experience that insanity, it isn’t that God has moved, but that our faith has wandered and shaken hands with the craziness of self-sufficiency.” (from In God’s Care).

These past few days my soul has been fueled with faith in part via psycho-spiritual inner work. The other part has been through being with others who are also doing their inner work to awaken. We come together as One in loving, compassionate, faith-filled community.

No comments: