Monday, March 29, 2010

Only With God

Once again, this morning I came upon a reference to the poem by James Dillet Freeman called “I Am There.” So I figured it was about time to read it and found it online.

Reading it was perfect timing. Friday had included a challenging client situation, then Saturday and Sunday were full of spiritual nourishment, fun, and laughter (I actually took the weekend off, the first time in a l-o-n-g while). And, now I’m back to Monday, feeling a bit of apprehension in the pit of my stomach.

But as Rog pointed out, that is the way of the world: a roller coaster ride filled with emotional and mental ups and downs; I’ve never liked roller coaster rides. Still whatever is going on is a reflection of what’s inside of me still left to heal - and an opportunity to do so.

As a spiritual being having a human experience, reading Freeman’s poem helped to move the current roller coaster ride towards an incline. In “I Am There” God describes how It is all around and always available. Even when I cannot feel God, or I deny Spirit, in my fear, in my pain, in my feeling alone, God is there. It is only in my mind that I can feel separate from God and I need to get myself out of the way to discover the Oneness and the Power. Of myself I can do nothing, but God can do all. God is in all.

I’m working on transforming the roller coaster rides of life to something more like the boat rides of “It’s a Small World” at Disneyland. It is only with God, Who is always there, that I will succeed and come to peace.

No comments: