Monday, March 15, 2010

The Last Frontier

“The only way to become permanently prosperous and successful is through the quickening, awakening, and bringing into righteous use all the indwelling resources of Spirit. When we develop our soul and express its talents and capabilities in loving service to God and mankind, all of our temporal needs will be supplied in bountiful measure. We have access to the realm of rich ideas; we enrich our consciousness by incorporating these rich ideas into it. A rich consciousness always demonstrates manifest prosperity.” – The Story of Unity, James Dillet Freeman, page 235.

Like other issues in life, manifestation on the physical plane is the last place in which results show up. First, I go to Source. Flowing from there, I see effects and changes to my mental state, then my emotional state, and finally the physical world. The outer world comes to reflect my inner world. The outer world is the result, not the source. God is First Cause. If I want to change my outer world, I must change my inner world - the kingdom within.

Illness is a good example of this. Louise Hay relates health conditions to states of mind. Constipation is the refusing to release old ideas, being stuck in the past. An earache is about not wanting to hear related to anger and too much turmoil. Foot problems are related to fear of the future and of not stepping forward in life. Harboring hard thoughts and beliefs of bitterness, condemnation, and pride can result in gallstones. The state of mind precedes the state of physical health. That’s why taking a pill, which may provide some relief to the condition, is only a band-aid for a symptom; it does not address cause.

Just like illness is the out picturing of thoughts and consciousness, my financial condition is as well. Now that I’ve gotten myself back on track - in ‘fit spiritual condition’ - and in ever-expanding consciousness, I expect to see manifestation on the physical plane reflecting the richness of my inner life. I hold great expectancy of God opening channels from which money flows with ease and grace, and in perfect ways. The more that flows, the more I give, the more I am of service to God. Once again I am brought back to Source.

No comments: