Sunday, March 7, 2010

Where's My Focus?

“If you intend to be of assistance, your eye is not upon the trouble but upon the assistance, and that is quite different. When you are looking for a solution, you are feeling positive emotion — but when you are looking at a problem, you are feeling negative emotion.” – Abraham, Excerpted from "The Law of Attraction, The Basics of the Teachings of Abraham" #366.

This of course is the concept that what we put our focus on becomes our reality.

And, this reminds me of the W.I.L.D. (Women In Love with the Divine) meeting I attended yesterday. Its focus was Emmet Fox’s concept of the Golden Key.

God is omnipotent, and we are God's image and likeness and have dominion over all things. Every individual has the ability to draw on this power.

Drawing on this power through scientific prayer will enable you to get out of any difficulty. In scientific prayer it is God who works, and not you, and so your particular limitations or weaknesses are of no account in the process. You are only the channel through which the divine action takes place, and your treatment will be just the getting of yourself out of the way.

It is very simple: Stop thinking about the difficulty, whatever it is, and think about God instead.

So once again, regardless of what is going on in my life - my business, my relationships, etc. - if I want to live in peace, joy, harmony, and love I must keep my eye focused on Thee.

No comments: