Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Patience and Faith

“Patience, patience, patience, is what the sea teaches. Patience and faith. One should lie empty, open, choice less as a beach – waiting for a gift from the sea." - A Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh

“Patience” is the word that Spirit whispered in my ear as I came towards the end of a conversation with Rog last night. Patience for what? Patience with him and for the spiritual journey he is on, patience with my own spiritual path, and patience with my ego.

There’s that part of me that wants answers and solutions immediately. And, that part would gladly dive into a quick-fix without weighing future repercussions.

Being patient with my ego, treating it kindly like a little kid, gives me a chance to breathe, slow down, and be in the now. I am able to open up what was a closing heart and enjoy some peace.

Inherent in this patience is the faith, the knowing, that Spirit sits with me while I wait and seek a solution that flows with ease and grace and is for the highest good of all.

No comments: