Saturday, March 13, 2010

Icing on the Cake

My life is rich. It didn’t take much to get it that way. I just needed to come back to me and to recommit to my #1 relationship – you know, the one with Spirit.

Now my heart is full. I’m enrolled in a spiritual psychology class, which being experiential allows me to get to know these other souls traveling on this particular path, and they me. I’m singing in a choir in which all members are walking a conscious spiritual path and actively engaged in the awakening process. I participate in a weekly circle of gratitude, where we each share from the heart and to the heart. I’m giving service to an organization that nourishes my soul.

My life is rich again because I am back in a heartfelt spiritual community. God’s presence is evident and It nourishes me.

And as I attend meetings, workshops, and events, getting to know the loving people God is putting on my path, I feel like I did when my life was rich as a single woman. In those days, I was extremely busy in my service work and spent more time alone with God than I have in recent years.

Things changed, and I moved from being single to being married – yes, after 49+ years on the planet this go around, I met my life partner 5+ years ago. I’ve had to learn to balance the three most important relationships in my life and it’s only recently that I kind of ‘got it.’

My life is rich with these relationships flourishing: Me and me, me and God, me and my husband. And, being part of a spiritual community brings these all together to make a most joyful, loving, meaningful life.

I recently wrote (blog of 03.11.10) “We are each individuals and the work we do to awaken to God’s grace is truly an inside job. Only I can do it for me, and having a loving partner along the way is icing on the cake. But I must remember that God is the cake and has to get baked first.”

On this day of my gratitude circle, I am grateful for this rich life which now includes the icing on the cake – my beloved Rog.

No comments: