Sunday, January 17, 2010

Desire

Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I cannot reach them: but I can look up, and see their beauty; believe in them, and try to follow where they lead. - Louisa May Alcott

I came across this quote in my daily planner and realized that I was most familiar with it: I had a copy of it that had hung in my office for years. And, just the other day, I came across that copy in my file drawer that is still disorganized from our recent relocation. Reading it again got me thinking about its meaning and I’d not done that in the many moons since I had come to believe.

With God all things are possible, including achieving my highest aspirations. But they must be aligned with Source if they are to unfold. With faith and following God’s guidance, I can strive for all that I desire (which comes from God). It matters not where they lead, for I’m in this adventure called Life partnered with God and being with God is my greatest desire.

No comments: