Friday, January 1, 2010

Beginning Anew

It’s the beginning of the new year and of course talk about releasing, resolutions, and new beginnings is in the air. I know that I can begin anew any day, any time. Still, there is something about starting a year – and in this case a decade (!) – with intentions anew, dreams anew, etc.

Today’s Daily Word was right on for me. It spoke of releasing that which no longer serves me. Hmm – I can certainly think of baggage that I carried with me not just from this last year to the new one, but from year to year to year. I’m ready to release, the old thought patterns, emotions, behaviors, people, physical ‘stuff’, and situations that are not for my highest good.

The Daily Word also spoke of resolving to focus my attention on “being” rather than on “doing.” I am so there. I particularly do, do, do in the attempt to have the result of money flowing in. This excessive doing takes time and energy away from being focused on God and expanding my spirit, while simultaneously moves me towards ego, fear, and thoughts of lack. God is my source, and the more time I spend on being, the closer I feel to Source and things flow with ease and grace.

There is one big fact which I think you ought to have in mind as you approach the new year, and it is that life will give back to you just exactly what you give to life. - Dr. Norman Vincent Peale

Dear Spirit –
With Your help, may I release all that needs releasing, and move from a human doing to a human being. I set my intention on participating more richly in Life through nourishing my soul and my relationship with You. And as I give unto Life, so shall Life return to me an abundance of blessings.

No comments: