Thursday, January 7, 2010

Re-Activated

AC•TI•VATE [ áktə vàyt ] (past and past participle ac•ti•vat•ed, present participle ac•ti•vat•ing, 3rd person present singular ac•ti•vates)

verb

Definition:

1. transitive and intransitive verb make something capable of action: to make something active or operational, or become active or operational
- Any sound in the room will activate the alarm.
- The detonator will activate in 30 seconds.
2. transitive verb U.S. MILITARY mobilize military: to set up or mobilize a military unit
- activate the National Guard
3. transitive verb PHYSICS make something radioactive: to make a substance radioactive
4. transitive verb CHEMISTRY make something reactive: to increase the rate of a chemical reaction, e.g. by applying heat
5. transitive verb CHEMISTRY increase power of absorption of something: to treat a substance such as charcoal so as to increase its capacity for absorption
6. transitive verb INDUSTRY purify sewage with air: to purify sewage by aerating it

RE-

prefix

Definition:

1. again, anew
- rebuild
2. back, backward
- recall

[Via Old French from Latin]

From: http://encarta.msn.com
______________________________

Re-activated... That’s the word that comes to mind when I think of what happened to me about a week ago. And each of the aforementioned definitions of the word activate feels appropriate to me.

As a living, breathing human being on this planet for 54.5 years, of course I’ve been ‘operational’. But for the past several years, operational processes have been sluggish – physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I now feel recharged and ready for action and to begin anew.

And, I feel like there’s a purpose to this reactivation, that I’m being mobilized to fulfill the purpose for which I came here to do in service to the planet.

I am radioactive in that I am radiating a different energy, and of course it impacts everything and everyone. It is more positive, joyful, loving, and peaceful. It makes me think of my early days in 12 Step program when I had my spiritual awakening and people would remark that I was glowing.

This change is a reaction caused by stimuli that came into my frame of reference about a week ago. I have an increased power of absorption and I feel more interested, focused, and conscious in my participation in life.

And, I feel purified. The past doesn’t hold much meaning, the future is not yet here - there is only Now. I feel a freshness and a peace - a calmness and serenity that others might think crazy when looking at outer circumstances.

I don’t know if it’s the prayers I’ve been uttering, living in the midst of Sedona vortices for two continuous months, the new energies that came in during a sacred circle I was a part of on New Year’s Eve day, my soul family members being around me more, my intention, or ....

What I do know is that something greater than myself surely had a role in getting this being charged up again, full of power, purpose, and a peace beyond all understanding. I am so very grateful for this reactivation and for once again being enthusiastic (‘with God’) about life.

No comments: