Friday, January 29, 2010

Relinquishment

I was reminded about trusting Spirit in an article by Catherine Marshall about the Law of Relinquishment, in essence, acceptance and surrender.

She says that "not even the Master Shepherd can lead if the sheep have not trust and insist on running ahead of Him or taking side paths or just stubbornly refusing to follow Him." How true - how can God help me if I have not trust in Him? The self-will must be given over to God.

“The Prayer of Relinquishment... does not let us lie down in the dust of a godless universe and steel ourselves just for the worst. Rather it says: "This is my situation at the moment. I'll face the reality of it. But I'll also accept willingly whatever a loving Father sends." Acceptance therefore never slams the door on hope.”

And for sure, getting into fear about a situation doesn’t help. “Fear is like a screen erected between us and God, so that His power cannot get through to us.” When we relinquish fear, God and His power - the supreme reality - fear evaporates. Once again, I’m either living in fear or I’m living in faith.

Dear Spirit -
You are my Source, my loving, all powerful Father. May I trust in You in all things, relinquishing my ego so that I may align with Your will, do Your good works, and dwell in peace.

No comments: