Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Surprises and Blessings

“I look forward to the surprises that come my way. I may see some as treasures and some as challenges but I can be sure that each surprise blesses me and opens my life to unexpected good.” - Daily Word, Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Reading this excerpt got me thinking about the recent surprises God has given me.

Yesterday I received notice of the royalties I am to receive for the Microsoft® Office Outlook 2003: Essentials Course book I co-authored years ago. Since this version of the software has been updated, I wasn’t expecting much of anything and was even open to no royalties at all. Surprise - I am going to receive a check and it is actually for more than the prior payment! It may not be enough to pay the rent but it sure is a nice chunk of change at this point in our financial life. The surprise was fun and it surely is a blessing; I am grateful.

Speaking of money, we received an unexpected refund check the other day. And, a client has come up with more work for me. Surprise, surprise. Abundance.

There’s also been the surprise of reconnecting with an old OA member who I met when I first was in ‘the rooms’ in NY. And, it turns out she needed some computer software guidance, so I was able to be of service to her. Surprise, surprise. It is always a blessing to be of service.

I suppose I could come up with more surprises AKA blessings that have surfaced in recent days. Like making a gratitude list where there is always another thing to be grateful for, each surprise opens me up and blesses me.

“Life is filled with surprises, both big and small. They may come through an unexpected phone call from a friend, exciting news of a new opportunity, or a surprise invitation to an event. Each surprise bears its own gift and blessing.

“I am open to life's surprises and to the unforeseen treasures that come my way. As I become receptive, I release any expectations about how my life will unfold, for I know that God is in charge.” - Daily Word, Tuesday, January 26, 2010

No comments: