Saturday, January 30, 2010

Messages Out There

I was once again reminded through my readings this morning that God is always with me in every fiber of my being, in every situation. That idea, with the notion that I create my world, gave rise to an epiphany.

Especially during the past year I have gotten into fear about our financial situation, imagining that we would fall into a life like the homeless people who graced the sidewalks of New York where I lived for the first 41 years of my life. I figured that any person could land up homeless and penniless, and I was no exception. I could let my imagination run wild and get into a mighty tizzy. But I missed some key thoughts, some distinctions that set me aside from those folks...

Like, I have the awareness of the power I have to create my own world, and with God, I really do create my life. Like, positive thinking is uplifting and makes a huge difference in my life. Like, I have people in my life that offered us a place to stay. And, from another standpoint, if I am seeing homeless people in the outside world it is a projection of something going on within me. There is no out there out there. I need to address the message and heal.

“If man understood that "what I create has nothing to do with what anybody else is creating" then he wouldn't be so afraid of what others are doing.” - Abraham (Excerpted from the 11.14.98 El Paso, TX workshop #335)

I once again realized that I need not be in fear (false evidence appearing real) because #1, a loving God is always with me, and #2, looking at other people’s lives and comparing mine to theirs does not serve me well. We are each on our own path, making our choices, learning the lessons we came into this current lifetime to learn.

It only serves me well to look at the ‘outside’ world as a learning tool on my journey of waking up. Each person, place, and situation is an opportunity to increase my consciousness one minute at a time. Everything is a blessing and all is well.

No comments: