Monday, January 25, 2010

Waking Up

For centuries, the idea has been around that our thoughts create our life, that we are living in a dream, and that the outer world is a reflection of but the inner world. Nothing has changed - that Truth remains. It is a call to wake up.

“Circumstance does not make me, it reveals me.” - William James

“By choosing your thoughts, and by selecting which emotional currents you will release and which you will reinforce, you determine the quality of your Light. You determine the effects that you will have upon others, and the nature of the experiences of your life. “- Gary Zukav (from "Seat of the Soul")

“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” - Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849)

“When one realizes one is asleep, at that moment one is already half-awake.” - P. D. Ouspensky (1878-1947)

“You are given the gifts of the gods, you create your reality according to you beliefs. Yours is the creative energy that makes your world. There are no limitations to the self except those you believe in.” - Seth (As channeled by Jane Roberts in “The Nature Of Personal Reality, Chap. 22, Session 677”)

“If we understood the power of our thoughts, we would guard them more closely. If we understood the awesome power of our words, we would prefer silence to almost anything negative. In our thoughts and words we create our own weaknesses and our own strengths. Our limitations and joys begin in our hearts. We can always replace negative with positive.” - Bettie Eadie (from “Embraced By the Light”)

“At times, I may get sidetracked, focusing on the ways in which my life appears to be flawed. In that frame of mind, I feel disconnected and discontented. But as I become aware of my disharmony, I can make adjustments.

“Just as musicians must listen carefully and bring their voices into alignment to create harmony, I, too, must listen in order to bring myself into alignment with Spirit. When I am in sync with God, harmony is the inspiring result. I am blessed and at peace.” - Daily Word, January 25, 2010

I take full responsibility for my life, and desire to be in alignment with Spirit. With God’s guidance and grace, I wake up from the dream of suffering and duality, to be the True Essence that I really am.

No comments: