Friday, January 8, 2010

Out There

In these early days of January, when people are wishing one another a happy and prosperous new year, the BIG lesson for me is there is no out there, out there. The source of my abundance is me.

Manifestation is an inside job; it is effect and the individual is cause. Here there is no victimhood. I am the cause of that which I perceive ‘outside’ in the world of form (relationships, circumstances, events). If I don’t like what I’m perceiving, I can change it. Whatever it is, I am responsible. This is not about blame for so much of my experience has been produced from beliefs given to me when I put on this human space suit and many are unconscious; it is about empowerment.

Once I accept myself as the only cause of my experience, I can free myself from the results of a belief in victimhood and separation, for then the world doesn’t hold power over me. I, with Spirit, create – we are One. I operate from the consciousness of True Abundance.

So I’m waking up. I’m waking up to a new world, one in which I say what it is to be about. One where the shadows are reckoned with, where false and limiting beliefs are revealed so they can be dispensed with and I can be free.

This concept is really nothing new as A Course in Miracles and Eastern traditions especially have taught this. But it is really getting through to me now thanks to the current teachers in my life, Mark Pope, a Unity minister, and Roger Wyer, my husband and life partner.

I’m learning my lessons through love and they are bringing me peace, joy, and power, all which enable me to be a loving channel of God’s grace. I am grateful.

There is no one out there, there is no one else.
You hold all the answers deep inside yourself.
There’s a voice that whispers, there’s no you, no me.
There’s just one, there’s just unity.

- David Friedman, from his song Unity

No comments: