Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Restful Words

I first heard “Rest unto me that I may rest unto thee” at the Unity of Sedona church. And, ever since then whenever I hear it uttered or see the words in print, a veil of peace descends upon me. It is just so lovely and comforting.

Just like another statement I’ve heard often at Unity: “Peace. Be still.” Chanting this is a helpful way to calm down and I use it as a meditation.

These statements call to mind Matthew 11:28-30 -
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

‘Tis true that I let out a big “Ahhh” when I hear any of the aforementioned. Keeping my focus on Spirit, I am in the Now. There I find rest, peace, stillness, and my yoke becomes easy and my burden light.

1 comment: