Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Off Hold

Today’s Daily Thought in the Guideposts Devotional to pray about is “Lord, give me the courage to pursue that which I have put on hold. Now.”

I have been feeling for years, and saying almost daily, “I don’t have enough time.” It has dulled my joy, weighed me down at all levels, and been a self-fulfilling prophecy. In discussing this expression with Rog the other day, we got that the words were actually not accurate – imagine all these years repeating such an incorrect (as well as debilitating) statement! It would be correct to say that I don’t get done what I would like to each day including taking care of my self and my soul. And, it would be far healthier to say “I would like to do and be more.”

So what has kept me from being more, doing more with the 24 hours in my day? What makes me feel that there is always one more thing to do? And, that I must be doing, doing, doing?

Ego. Fear. Keep a person busy and they don’t have time to be as conscious as they could be. Keep them immersed in the minutiae of everyday living, and they keep themselves from knowing who they really are, knowing their dreams, pursuing their life purpose, connecting with and serving God fully. Being.

It takes courage to be. I’ve taken my self and my soul – my life – off hold and am paying attention to them with great care now. Knowing God is with me gives me the courage to deal with whatever may surface as I move into more and more consciousness. For with awakening, the shadow side comes up, and with it some pain. But blessing it, with Spirit it dissipates, and I am free to be the fuller me. To be a human being not a human doing.

No comments: