Friday, May 28, 2010

Doors and Windows

Today’s Daily Word is about the light of God, affirms “The light of God shines through me,” and begins with...

“We have all heard the expression, "God never closes a door without opening a window." Yet at times I may not see any windows open to me. If I'm seeing only lack and limitation, I look beyond appearances to the Truth. I am the conduit, the passageway, through which possibilities appear. I am actually the window that I seek, and the light of God shines through me.”

Yes, there have surely been times in which I felt doors closing but couldn’t see windows opening. Those were times I really needed to let go, trust, and pray for a different perspective.

However, these days God has graced us with an abundance of doors so much so that I find myself considering which to walk through and which to possibly close myself - with Spirit’s guidance of course.

I know that God doesn’t give us more than we can handle AND I still need to take care of myself. That means being well rested, having time for my ‘formal’ spiritual practice, etc.

During these past couple of weeks, I’ve gotten three new clients. And, volunteer work for an organization has impressed the leadership that they’ve invited us to work with them professionally and for money. I’m regularly spending a bit of time with the pooches at the Humane Society of Sedona. There always seems to be one website project that I’m doing pro bono at any given time. Social invitations from the new friendships forming are on the increase, while longer term friendships beckon for more attention. We are surrounded by the offerings of spiritual-focused seminars and events like Sufi dancing. The community we so yearned for is being woven into a glorious web.

With time flying increasingly at lightning speed, I’m not sure how much more I can put on my plate, how much I can stretch me. So much of this is fun, the people are delightful, and The Presence is evident - a part of me wants to do it all.

I’m certainly not complaining - I am soooo very grateful for this rich life. Still, I need to be discerning where I put my energy, for if I don’t take care of moi, I will not be of much use to anyone else, including Spirit.

So here’s my prayer...

Dear Holy, Beloved Presence-
Thank You, thank You, thank You for the many, many blessings you have graced me with. Thank You for the wonderful people and opportunities you have placed in my life to enable me to wake up, love, and be of service. I welcome Your doors and windows and seek Your guidance and power to carry out Your Will. Show me The Way.

No comments: