Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Perfectionism

Yesterday it was pointed out to me that I’d made an error in uploading some files for a client. It wasn’t a life-and-death serious error, but for the perfectionist that I can be, I could have beat myself up badly. But I did not.

Once again another shift of consciousness is solidifying inside me. As a spiritual being having a human experience it is inevitable that I will not operate perfectly. Nope, not 100% of the time. Wearing this spacesuit of humanness, perfection is simply not possible. Hence, it’s pretty silly to badger myself when I fail to do something in a perfect manner.

This does not mean I intentionally stop trying to do my best. What it does means is that I do the best I can, then let the results go. Whatever happens - happens, and I trust that all is well.

Throughout it all, God is with me and all is in Divine Order. I may not be perfect as a human doing, but as a spiritual being, I am. And, that’s just fine with me.

No comments: