Tuesday, May 25, 2010

We're in This Together

Whether I am being paid $15/hour or $50/hour, or I am “volunteering” my time, my desire is always to be in a helping mode. I can’t say that I always behave in that manner.

I found myself yesterday thinking in terms of money and disturbance when called ‘off hours’ to help a client of a client. Gratefully, my conscience quickly got me to want to help this person even though it “wasn’t my job.” After this decision was made, it turned out the person was able to solve the problem herself. Ya think my decision influenced the Universe?... Perhaps.

Wouldn’t it be nice if each of us knew, really knew, that there’d always be help available? And, when we gave assistance, we’d get ‘paid’ with knowing we’d receive help too whenever we needed it? ...that we were never alone? Of course, Spirit is always with us to guide and help, but often we need a real, live human being to carry out the work.

The current money economy is such a separator of people, to one another, to themselves, to God. Well, that’s changing and I’m so glad. A new earth is coming where people live from the heart, in community, bartering and helping one another in all aspects of life.

My prayer is to continue opening my heart in service to others. We are all part of The One, giving and receiving. What I give returns to me, returns to us. Let I not build barriers to healing the separation, but be part of the solution to our return to Oneness.

No comments: