Monday, May 10, 2010

Never Alone

Yesterday, Mother’s Day, I had the honor of serving as worship assistant at Unity of Sedona. Of course the Daily Word reading focused on mothers and I knew it was possible I might have difficulty reading some of the text. It didn’t matter though because I felt God had a plan and knew that with whatever would transpire, Spirit would use me as a vehicle to help others; that was AOK with me.

The reading was:

I give thanks today for my own mother. If I cannot speak with her or be with her, I send her my loving thoughts. I give thanks for the arms that embraced me, for the nourishment of my body and soul, and for the encouraging words that inspired me to aim higher. - Excerpt from Today’s Daily Word, May 9, 2010

You see, I still hold pain around what my parents were not to me. And, while I’m making progress in my healing, as the onion gets peeled, more is revealed to be forgiven. It is times like these that I pay extra attention to focusing on God. The pain subsides, I know I am not alone for God is always with me.

And early this morning I awoke from a dream that left me feeling ‘off’. It wasn’t a “bad” or violent dream, but I just didn’t feel quite right and was a bit discombobulated. I quickly remembered to focus on Spirit, and started repeating a prayer. It soon got me back to feeling on solid, higher ground. And, not feeling alone and disoriented. God is always with me.

Throughout my waking hours I often repeat prayers to instantly focus on God’s Presence so as to not feel uncomfortable or alone in this vast, crazy world of personalities and situations. God is my solid rock and foundation - loving, nurturing, all embracing. I am never alone (even when I have a lapse in memory). Peace settles in and I relax. All is well.

Oh yeah, I did get a bit emotional reading the aforementioned excerpt, but God used it for good. Several people told me afterwards they were touched by my reading of the passage. I know I was touched by Spirit to help others, even if through my own pain. I am happy to serve my one true Parent.

No comments: