Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Service of Waking Up

Our greatest service to the world, my greatest service to the world, is to wake up. There is no greater one.

The world of the ego is ending, and with it a new earth is coming, in some cases is already here.

“Ego-identification with things creates attachment to things, obsession with things, which in turn creates our consumer society and economic structures where the only measure of progress is always more. The unchecked striving for more, for endless growth, is a dysfunction and a disease. It is the same dysfunction the cancerous cell manifests, whose only goal is to multiply itself, unaware that it is bringing about its own destruction by destroying the organism of which it is a part.” - A New Earth, Eckhart Tolle, page 37.

I can easily see this is the truth by observing what is occurring in the world of form globally: the dissolution of a myriad of social structures and the insanity of the financial industry, war, etc. It is indeed time to wake up! It is time to observe my inner thoughts, beliefs, behaviors - which, of course, I’ve been doing for quite a number of years. However, now, everything seems very much accelerated.

For the last two years or so, Rog and I have been simplifying our lives, releasing things, be they household furnishings, books, ideas, our home, and even relationships. We have been getting unattached to that which does not serve our highest good, and in turn cannot serve our fellows’ highest good either. We are one and what happens to each of us impacts the rest.

With clutter in my physical world and in my mind, ego keeps me from seeing what is real - and it keeps me in suffering. Well, I choose to not suffer, I choose to wake up, to be at peace. As I wake up, my increased consciousness impacts the higher good of all. And, that is why it is the most important form of service. The real world of peace, and love, and community is coming into view.

It is not always easy to wake up, but of course I can always call on Spirit to help me get through the rough spots, to help me see the light. It is another opportunity to detach from the ‘little me,’ to detach from the human being having a spiritual experience, and step into fully being the child of God who I truly am.

“Anytime a situation seems confusing or hopeless, most likely I am viewing it from a perspective of human limitation. Instead, I have the innate power to see any circumstance from a spiritual perspective by turning to God...” - Today’s Daily Word, May 13, 2010

What an exciting adventure it is, coming to live on this new earth with all of you and God!

No comments: