Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Who I Am

I’m aware that more and more I am exercising my right to choose, to change my mind, to be and act more consciously from a higher ground. I’m stepping more and more into who I truly am.

Recently, some requirements of the volunteer work I was thinking of doing came to light and I found myself having a charge around them. After a bit of soul searching, I realized that, while the organization was doing meaningful, wonderful work for its clients, I could not be a part of it because of some philosophical differences.

Now I’d have to tell the volunteer coordinator. Oh. I’d have to stick to my truth, be diplomatic, and not feel like I’d killed someone because I’d changed my mind - even though I’d not even filled out an application yet!

When this person returned my phone call, I took a deep breath, said a very quick prayer, and took the call. I was diplomatic, focused, and complimentary. I blamed no one and offered encouragement. I stood in my truth, confident with God.

There are other places where I can serve and not have to sacrifice my integrity. I’m sticking with those. I’m standing my ground, open to God’s will for me.

It feels good to say “no” in whatever form it may take, instead of trying to people please and hurting everyone in the process anyway. With Spirit an integral part of me, I can be and act - and serve- as the holy child of God I truly am.

No comments: