Saturday, May 8, 2010

Certainty

As was pointed out to me in a morning reading, when I was practicing my addiction (food binging), my life was full of uncertainty. But I seemed to have trusted that my addiction would see me through any trouble, anything in life I might encounter. And to add to my particular case as a devout atheist, I surely only had me to rely on. Still, uncertainty didn’t seem to be that much of an issue even though being in the fog of addiction, ego, and unconsciousness I was not able to make healthy, loving choices.

But coming to believe and slowly waking up, I started looking for guarantees, for certainty. God provides that certainty but only if I trust and have faith. These days I think I’m really starting to internalize that God is taking care of me. It may not always be evident to me, it may not always be the way I’d like it. But when all is said and done, God’s plan is always far better than mine could ever be.

These days I think I’m ‘getting it’ sooner - not after the fact, but before the plan is revealed - that God is taking care of me and to trust The Plan.

The certainty that God provides is that whatever I might go through, Spirit will be with me. Some of the other certainties I believe in are:

- God loves me no matter what - Its love and grace do not have to be ‘earned.’ That love means that only the highest good is meant for me.
- All that occurs is a blessing and for my upliftment (there’s no losing here).
- The more I put into my relationship with God, the better my life will be, the more joy and love I will feel.

As I heal and wake up, I am better able to be an instrument for God, to help others see what is important and certain in their life.

No comments: