Sunday, May 16, 2010

God Provides

Today’s Daily Word begins with “I trust in the presence and power of God to provide whatever I need today.” Further along it continues with ”I anticipate the fulfillment of my needs with eagerness and joy.”

For the 20+ years I’ve been on a conscious spiritual path I have often read and been told by others that Spirit will always provide for my needs. And also, I will receive what I need even though it may not always be what I want.

So I had an epiphany with the aforementioned reading this morning: of course God will provide for my needs, but not necessarily my wants. I surmise this is because wants are of the ego, and Spirit is not looking to strengthen the ego. Spirit and ego don’t mesh - ever hear that ego is an acronym for Easing God Out?

This epiphany strengthens my faith that I am in God’s care. And I may not always like what I get, but I rest assured that I will get what I need - lovingly and with grace and mercy.

No comments: